Thank you for inquiring about donations of San Diego Zoo tickets.
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is a nonprofit organization which supports other nonprofit organizations in Southern California by providing charitable contributions in the form of complimentary tickets good for the San Diego Zoo or the San Diego Zoo Safari Park. Each eligible organization may receive a maximum of two complimentary tickets per organization per calendar year. San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance requires that certain criteria be met in order to be considered for ticket donations:
CRITERIA FOR CONSIDERATION:
- Organization must be a Federally licensed 501c (3) nonprofit, charitable agency
- Organization must be located within zip codes 91900-92899 as indicated on organization letterhead
- Requests must be submitted by mail in writing on organization's official letterhead
- Requests must include:
- Specific type of fund-raiser for which the tickets will be used (i.e. silent auction)
- The actual date of the fund-raiser
- The organization's Tax ID (EIN) number (Schools must also provide their NCES school code/ID)
- Requests must be accompanied by a self-addressed, stamped envelope
- Requests must be postmarked a minimum of 60 days in advance of the event and no more than 6 months prior to the event date
- Requests must be submitted by US Mail. Email and phone requests are not accepted at this time. Please mail all donation requests to:
San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance
Attn: Charitable Donation Requests
P.O Box 120551
San Diego, CA 92112-0551
NOT ELIGIBLE (includes but is not limited to):
- Any request that does not meet the above "Criteria for Consideration"
- Organizations raising funds on behalf of another benefiting group or individual
- Individual fund-raisers
- Team fund-raisers
- Labor or political organizations
- Athletic organizations
- Social or fraternal organizations
- Any request that is to be mailed to a private address
- Any organization that has already received a donation within the past 12 months
- Employee prizes.
- San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance reserves the right to change or modify our Charitable Donation Program at any time
- Submitting a request does not guarantee that the request will be fulfilled
- Ticket values for 2020-2021 are $62 each or a total package donation value of $124
- All approved requests require a minimum of four weeks for processing
- If approved, tickets will be mailed no sooner than two months from fund-raiser event date
- Ticket donations are valid for one year from date of issuance, extensions cannot be granted
- San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance prohibits all online sales of donated tickets, with the exception of online fund-raising auctions, hosted by the charity's own website
- Because of limited inventory, San Diego Zoo Wildlife Alliance is unable to grant requests for donations of tours or premium experiences.
Due to the volume of requests received, it takes an average of four weeks to process requests. Additionally, requests will not be immediately fulfilled if more than three months out. At this time, we are unable to respond to telephone inquiries and cannot accept requests sent by email or fax.