Put Your Passion for Wildlife to Work
Our San Diego Zoo Global (SDZG) family is frequently asked, "What's it like to work for SDZG?" or "How would you describe the culture of SDZG?" We decided to investigate these questions thoroughly and ask our employees how they should be answered.
We solicited feedback from dozens of SDZG employees, from new hires to long-tenured employees to recent departures from our organization to learn what really defines the SDZG employment experience.
Based on the results, we have created the following "Put Your Passion for Wildlife to Work" value statements, encapsulating what it's like to work for San Diego Zoo Global:
- Our employees are extremely passionate and engaged and are proud of our work in conservation, our mission and vision, and our animals and plants.
- People apply to work for SDZG because of what we do. And once hired, they stay for a very long time.
- SDZG offers incredible perks and benefits and treats its employees well.
- What our employees are most pleased with is the people they work with. We have a true team/family spirit.
- We provide a beautiful and inspiring work environment for our employees.
- Friends and family of our employees are proud, impressed, and very envious. It's a cool place to work!
Here's what our employees are saying about working with us:
"I come to work knowing that the job I do has a purpose for the rest of the world."
"The atmosphere, being around the animals and beautiful grounds, makes me grateful to work here. I am also blessed to work for a great department. My managers and supervisors respect me and treat me very well, which makes me want to do my best. Overall, the people here are the nicest I have ever worked with, especially for such a large organization."
"I have a passion for wildlife and conservation and feel that my job has something to do with being able to share that passion and educate others."
"I love what we do for the animals! And not just in our organization but around the world. Our commitment to animals is astounding."
"SDZG has put together great programs to train, engage, and recognize our employees. We also give employees an opportunity to give feedback on their job satisfaction, and we try to make changes and improvements. My department does a lot to recognize and value team members."